The Museum of Picture Book Art is the first of its kind in Malaysia. It is envisioned to be the home of Picture Books from all over Malaysia, both past and present as well as an educational centre for picture books. Picture books are of cultural, historical, and artistic importance. The Museum collects and celebrates picture books and picture book illustrations from Malaysia. The Museum is a place where art and literature interact, inspiring a love of art and reading through picture books.
- Collect and preserve Malaysian picture books
- Initiate and participate in international exchange to promote Malaysian picture books
- Have the most comprehensive collection of Malaysian picture books in our shop
- Introduce classic and outstanding picture books from around the world
- Cultivate interest in reading and appreciation of picture books through a range of activities including storytelling, workshops for adults and children, talks by experts, exhibitions and publications.